This is a structured programme, which enables learners to gain technical competence via a taught programme, rather than an observation programme, ensuring that you acquire the knowledge and skills which are applicable for your waste site.
Upon completion of the qualification you will be recognised as a Technically Competent Manager (TCM).
The following mandatory topics will be covered:
- Maintain environmental protection
- Communicate, interact with and influence stakeholders
- Recognise legislation to support the operation of a waste and resource management facility
- Maintain Health and Safety standards
- Understand the principles of sustainable waste and resource management
And one of the following optional units:
- Principles and practices of managing an inert landfill
- Principles and practices of managing land remediation activities
- Principles and practices of managing thermal processing for waste and resources
- Principles and practices of managing a physical treatment processing facility for waste and resources
- Principles and practices of managing a mechanical biological treatment facility
- Principles and practices of managing an end of life vehicle facility
- Principles and practices of managing a metal recycling facility
This course is suitable for individuals who are preparing to work within the waste industry at a graduate level and individuals who are working within the waste sector who require Technically Competent Manager (TCM) status but would prefer a study route which involved workshops and assignment submission rather than building a portfolio of evidence.
Meet the team
We are a team are of highly skilled and qualified practitioners.