This course aims to provide Learners with the ability to be first responders in the sets out the guidance issued by the UK Asbestos Training Association (UKATA) for the provision of asbestos training as contained within the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR).
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- The properties of asbestos
- The risks to and effects of health caused by exposure to asbestos
- General epidemiology and current statistics
- Types of asbestos
- Where asbestos can be typically found within buildings
- Risks for asbestos insulation, board, cement and other materials containing asbestos.
- How to avoid the risks from exposure
- Legislation relating to asbestos
This course is accredited by the UK Asbestos Training Association (UKATA)
This course is suitable for individuals whose work would foreseeably expose them to asbestos to ensure that they safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.
Meet the team
We are a team are of highly skilled and qualified practitioners.