This course focusses on the planning, organising and managing work safely in confined spaces.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Legislation applying to confined space work
- Hazards associated with confined space
- How to undertake risk assessments for confined space work
- How to develop Safe Systems of Work and Safe Methods of Work for confined space operations (including risk assessments, method statements and permits to work)
- The mechanism of atmosphere testing and monitoring
- Safety person responsibilities
- The importance of emergency plans and procedures
- How to maintain records and documents for confined space work
This course is suitable for individuals who manage/supervise confined space operations, those who write safe systems of work for confined spaces, or write and issue permits to work and manage emergency procedures to enable candidates to be defined as the competent person.
Meet the team
We are a team are of highly skilled and qualified practitioners.