It is a legal requirement under the Provision of the Use of Works Equipment 1998 (PUWER) that all staff who use abrasive wheels receive training in the safe use of the tools and changing of wheels. The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Overview of Health and Safety regulations
- Explain the hazards and risks associated with the use of the abrasive wheel equipment
- Discuss accident causation and prevention
- Personal Protective Equipment/Eye Protection
- Hand-Arm Vibration
- Types of machines and abrasive wheels (how to identify and store
- Practical activities – wheel selection, mounting, dressing and guarding.
- Working environment
This course is suitable for individuals who are required to work within confined spaces within the workplace.
Meet the team
We are a team are of highly skilled and qualified practitioners.