This course is an introductory 4 hour session to raise awareness of mental health. Learners will gain an understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma. The course provides a basic understanding of common mental health issues and teaches them how to look after their own mental health and wellbeing.
This course will include the following topics:
- What is mental health?
- Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which affect mental health
- Stress and stress management
- Spotting signs of distress mental health conditions
- Take 10 together – starting a supportive conversation
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Useful statistics
- Helpful resources
This course is suitable for learners who are looking to understand and improve their knowledge and confidence about mental health and to learn the skills to support their own and other’s positive wellbeing in the workplace.
Meet the team
We are a team are of highly skilled and qualified practitioners.