The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is a practical based qualification intended for those who assess both occupational competence within the work environment and vocational skills and knowledge and understanding in environments other than the workplace (i.e. workshop, classroom or other training environment). This qualification ensures that anybody in an Assessors role can gain the necessary skills and understanding to undertake and fulfil duties and responsibilities to assess learning to the required industry standards.
The purpose of this qualification is to support the development of skills, knowledge and understanding to assess occupational competence in the work environment as well as assessing vocationally related achievement in environments other than the workplace (i.e. a workshop, classroom or other training environment). You will explore the following topics as part of the qualification:
- The principles & requirements of assessment
- Different types of assessment methods
- How to plan assessment
- How to involve learners and others in assessment
- How to make assessment decisions
- Your contribution to the quality assurance of assessment
- Management of information relating to assessment of occupational competence
- The legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- Planning the assessment of occupational competence
- Ability to make assessment decisions about occupational competence
- Provision of required information following the assessment of occupational competence
- Maintenance of legal and good practice requirements when assessing occupational competence
- Preparation of assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Conducting assessments of vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Maintenance of legal and good practice requirements when assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
You must be able to demonstrate vocational competence within the area you propose to assess. You will need access to a qualified Assessor, with appropriate vocational competence, who is willing to counter-sign your assessments and those of the two candidates whose work you will be assessing and assuring.
This course is accredited by Awarding Body, NOCN.
This course is for those wishing to change career or move into a particular area of employment following a career break. This certificate is suitable for individuals who will use all assessment methods and needs to be qualified in all aspects of assessment.
Meet the team
We are a team are of highly skilled and qualified practitioners.