Waste and Resource Consultant
Due to continued growth Mayer Environmental Ltd has a requirement for an additional consultant to provide waste, recycling and resource advice.
Mayer Environmental provides advice and guidance to a range of companies on matters ranging from contaminated land, analysis, training and waste and resource management, and we are looking to add to the existing team.
For the right candidate this position could be seen as an excellent development opportunity or a role to suit a more experienced person.
Typical areas of work will include:
- Environmental permitting and associated applications and project management
- Commissioning and management of waste analysis, and provision of waste classification reports
- Commissioning and supporting of monitoring and sampling of environmental media
- Supporting senior staff and clients with their project requirements
- Assisting with waste, recycling and resource research projects
- Provide support to Waste Trainers in the delivery of WAMITAB, environmental compliance awareness and continuing competence training
- Business development and tender compilation
The successful candidate:
- A graduate, with a relevant degree (science based), a relevant Masters would be an advantage
- Good understanding of the waste regulatory and compliance regime, understanding of the IED regime would be an advantage
- Excellent report writing and good presentation/communication skills
- Numerate and diligent with an eye for detail
- Computer literate and will be familiar with MS Excel and Word
- Good commercial awareness, and understanding of the role good consultancy plays in business
- Previous relevant consultancy/ regulatory experience
- Relevant professional memberships or chartered status
Full UK driving licence, the role is likely to require travel to sites around the UK. Salary negotiable depending upon the individual’s level of experience and skill set. Location based within the South East.
Mayer Environmental is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMR Ltd. We are an Equal opportunity employer.
If you fulfill the above criteria and would like a challenging and rewarding role please email your CV and cover letter to Patrick Davison – Director, Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title, MEL01 and where you found the advertisement. No Agencies.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 11th April 2014